Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is activity undertaken to ensure our skills and knowledge are up-to-date. The Chartered Insurance Institute member CPD scheme provides a practical framework for ensuring development is addressed in a structured way to meets our personal and business needs and requirements of the CII as a Chartered professional body.
CPD is a common requirement for qualified members of professional bodies. It reflects the fact that, in today’s fast changing world, knowledge gained through qualifications quickly dates and, if you are to remain competent, you must continue to develop and enhance your knowledge.
Equally, eligibility for and use of member qualification designations is not simply an indicator of study completed, but also of a commitment to subsequently keeping this knowledge current and being bound by a Code of Ethics.
We believe it is essential to be part of this CPD programme and go beyond in studying CII modules, this allows us to:
- Build public confidence and credibility
- Adapt positively to change by continuously updating skills
- Improve technically
- Support any career goals by focusing on relevant training and development
- Be more productive and efficient by reflecting on learning, gaps in our knowledge, experience and planning action accordingly
- Keep up to date with legislation changes and industry developments
Allen Tomas & Co is one of only around 900 firms in the country which has attained corporate chartered status for the firm itself, and both of our directors are in the top 8.3% of members to be granted the title of Fellow of the PFS, as recognition of the pinnacle of professional qualification for financial advisors. We also actively encourage all our staff to develop their skills and knowledge through CPD, and fully support them in their study.